About the Route 66 Association of Missouri
The Route 66 Association of Missouri is a non-profit corporation established to preserve, promote, and develop Historic Route 66 (“The Main Street of America”) in the Show-Me State.
To serve this purpose, the association:
- Acts as an umbrella organization for cooperative promotions, distribution of educational data and information, and consolidation and sharing of resources regarding old Route 66 in Missouri.
- Functions as liaison with state and federal agencies conducting studies for recognition, preservation and support.
- Makes presentations to various groups interested in learning about old Route 66.
- Maintains a library for educational, historical and informational resources about old Route 66 in Missouri, and pertinent information on the role of the Road in the seven other states it crossed.
- Develops and distributes an Association magazine along with various educational brochures, maps, public information and other resources about old Route 66 in Missouri.
- Identifies sites of historic or cultural significance along the Road and promotes local efforts to preserve these sites.
- Encourages donations and contributions in support of statewide efforts.
- Solicits Association memberships, and maintains a directory of individual, family, life and business members.
Other Route 66 Assocations
- Belgium Route 66 Club
- California Historic Route 66 Association
- Czechoslovakia Route 66 Association
- Dutch Route 66 Association
- Historic Route 66 Association of Arizona
- Oklahoma Route 66 Association
- Route 66 Association of Illinois
- The Route 66 Association of New Mexico
Route 66 in Missouri Travel Guides
- America’s Byways
- Ecology of Absence
- Landmarks Association of St. Louis, Inc.
- National Preservation Institute
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Nob Hill Main Street Program
- Oklahoma Main Street Center
- Preservation in Pink
- Recent Past Preservation Network
- RETRO Relive the Route
- Rolla Preservation Alliance
- Scenic Missouri
- Show Me the Money – Federal Grant Opportunities
- Society for Commercial Archaeology
- Southwestern Archaeology Today
- Time Tells
- Tulsa Foundation for Architecture
Route 66 Blogs